We provide a coordinated program of professional and compassionate services for adults in a community-based group setting. Services are designed to provide social and some health services to adults who need supervised care in a safe place outside the home during the day. We operate during normal business hours five days a week.
DayStay offers an individualized plan of care to meet the needs of each participant. Staff will develop this plan of care in consultation with the participant and his or her family. Plans may include:
* Personal care
* Arts and crafts
* Educational and informational opportunities
* Pastoral counseling
* Referral to community services and resources
* Individual and group supervision
* Organized social activities and field trips
* Breakfast, lunch, and snacks
* Exercise and range of motion activities
Providers of adult day care in North Carolina must meet State Standards for Certification, which are enforced by the State Division of Aging and Adult Services. Routine monitoring of compliance is performed by Adult Day Care Coordinators located at county departments of social services.